The Big Idea

Folly by definition is a foolish action or idea, the word absurdity and phrase "lack of sense" seem to continually arise. But what would life be like without these follies? Why not embrace these ideas and get a little nutty! This is my journal for those adventures, and along the way I hope to meet new people, take the path less traveled, have some fun, and spread the story of this sustainable journey we call life! Here you’ll find short anecdotes about my life, links to enlightenment, and opinions on how to have fun! I would love to hear about your folly, so feel free to e-mail me, I might just post them, and thanks for visiting!

Monday, June 2, 2008

Day 8 June 1st

Day 8 June 1st

Stats: 43.38 Miles, 4:03 Hours 10.6 MPH Average, 32.4 MPH Top Speed, 50’s and between cloudy and sunny throughout the day.

So today we took it easy, only 43 miles, and spent the morning biking to the Tillamook Cheese factory where we took a pretty lame self tour, but were able to snack on a bunch of cheese so it was exciting.

We also spent a few hours in the town of Tillamook where we found a great café and were allowed to hang out as the owner continued to leave for half an hour spells.

Molly also went through a spell where she wanted to hit me, here’s the video of that!

Lastly we ended the day with a short ride through cow heaven to Cape Lookout State Park, where we were treated to the best campsite so far. There were hot showers, no people and we camped 5 feet from the breaking surf. Today was a great relaxing day that we both needed!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey folks, just thought I'd drop in and say that I've been enjoying your adventure! I was inspired to comment when I saw Tillamook Cheese factory! I was there just a couple of months ago. Keep on trucking!

    -craigt
    http://krinkle.net
    Tillamook Cheese - http://www.krinkle.net/?p=671

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe you biked up up those Oregon Hills by Canon Beach. Impressive.

    Keep on peadling. =)

    - Alex (from Sol Duc)

    ReplyDelete