The Big Idea

Folly by definition is a foolish action or idea, the word absurdity and phrase "lack of sense" seem to continually arise. But what would life be like without these follies? Why not embrace these ideas and get a little nutty! This is my journal for those adventures, and along the way I hope to meet new people, take the path less traveled, have some fun, and spread the story of this sustainable journey we call life! Here you’ll find short anecdotes about my life, links to enlightenment, and opinions on how to have fun! I would love to hear about your folly, so feel free to e-mail me, I might just post them, and thanks for visiting!

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day 6 May 30th

Day 6 May 30th

51.08 Miles, 4:36 Hours, 11.3 MPH Average, 33.2 MPH Top Speed, 50’s and cloudy, by late afternoon we finally saw our first rays of sunshine of the trip!!

Today was mostly flat, and we only rode 51 miles so it was pretty easy, and boy we needed an easy one. Our bodies are still sore, and every morning we wake up tired, but Molly is ready to go and rides faster then me so I think she is doing great!! Let’s see, we stopped in Raymond Washington for lunch and were able to post a bunch of pictures, we relaxed long enough to do laundry and eat DQ as well.

Of course Molly liked my ice cream decision better then hers so I had to give it up. We rode all the way Bay Center, a tiny town of maybe 200 out on a Peninsula in the Walipia Bay, which amazingly had a campsite with hot showers and was free!!

Not much else happened today, oh Molly did fall off her bike once when we stopped because she couldn’t get her feet out of her pedals, but don’t worry she was fine and even managed to take a picture on her way down since she had the camera in her hand.

We dined on quesadillas and home made ice cream for dinner, and are just about to hit the sack now that were nice and clean!

P.S. – There are gun shots off in the forest near us, I though it was just my achilles tendon snapping but Molly is sure the rednecks are out! Also by looking at the pictures you can see that I finally changed outfits, clean once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment