The Big Idea

Folly by definition is a foolish action or idea, the word absurdity and phrase "lack of sense" seem to continually arise. But what would life be like without these follies? Why not embrace these ideas and get a little nutty! This is my journal for those adventures, and along the way I hope to meet new people, take the path less traveled, have some fun, and spread the story of this sustainable journey we call life! Here you’ll find short anecdotes about my life, links to enlightenment, and opinions on how to have fun! I would love to hear about your folly, so feel free to e-mail me, I might just post them, and thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day 30 June 23rd - The Border

Day 30 June 23rd


Stats: 21.94 Miles, 2:01 Hours, 10.8 MPH Average, 29.4 MPH Top Speed, 70’s and mix of ocean fog and sun.

So today was the last day of biking for the trip, the short ride from Mel and Rob’s house in San Diego to the Mexican border. Although the ride was only 20 miles long, I felt a huge sense of accomplishment and actually a weight was lifted off my shoulders. Although I wish the trip was just starting, it’s a great feeling to be able to relax and not have to worry about the road. This trip has been so amazing, every day was filled with excitement and awe, and although our bodies were hurt and tired there was never a day that I didn’t want to climb on my bike and pedal. I cannot believe I am actually done, and I cannot wait to do it all over again sometime down the road!

Of course the day ended at Happy Hour! From left to right that's Rob, Mel, Theresa, and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment