The Big Idea

Folly by definition is a foolish action or idea, the word absurdity and phrase "lack of sense" seem to continually arise. But what would life be like without these follies? Why not embrace these ideas and get a little nutty! This is my journal for those adventures, and along the way I hope to meet new people, take the path less traveled, have some fun, and spread the story of this sustainable journey we call life! Here you’ll find short anecdotes about my life, links to enlightenment, and opinions on how to have fun! I would love to hear about your folly, so feel free to e-mail me, I might just post them, and thanks for visiting!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Day 24 June 17th

Day 24 June 17th

(Strawberries being picked, it smelled so good there!!)


Stats: 85.31 Miles, 7:45 Hours, 10.9 MPH Average, 39.8 MPH Top Speed, 70’s and Sunny!

Finally back on the bike!! This morning I got up and my mom and I drove out to the coast and down south far enough that I was out of the San Francisco craziness, which happened to be just south of Half Moon Bay. Anyway, I assembled my bike again after 4 long days of rest, said bye to my mom, and started the lonely journey south.

The first half of the day I was making great time, over 13 miles and hour, and by lunch I had already hit the 40 mile mark. I got to ride through Santa Cruz, Capitola, and Monterey, all of which were amazing!! Check out Capitola if you’re ever in the area. By the time I got to Monterey I was beat; I had ridden over 80 miles in the blazing sun and was ready for some rest.

But instead I got lost in Monterey, it was either bad directions in the guide book or my tired mind, but after an hour of riding in circles I happened across a Trader Joe's. I wandered the isles aimlessly looking at all the great food, made my decisions, and left, just to find that the Trader Joe's was actually on the street I had been looking for all along. So I quickly made it to Vet’s Memorial Park, where there was 5 dollar camping and free hot showers. What a day, I ate and am now going to hit the sack at 8:00 pm. Man am I getting old. Side note, Molly this trip is not the same without you, pedaling alone just is not as fun, I miss you and wish you were here with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment