The Big Idea

Folly by definition is a foolish action or idea, the word absurdity and phrase "lack of sense" seem to continually arise. But what would life be like without these follies? Why not embrace these ideas and get a little nutty! This is my journal for those adventures, and along the way I hope to meet new people, take the path less traveled, have some fun, and spread the story of this sustainable journey we call life! Here you’ll find short anecdotes about my life, links to enlightenment, and opinions on how to have fun! I would love to hear about your folly, so feel free to e-mail me, I might just post them, and thanks for visiting!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Time to Jet! What a Mess!!

So with school finished for the semester and all other work either done or put to the side, it is time to take off. Molly and I are packed and ready to leave in the morning headed to Seattle and the beginning of our journey. Now that time will abound there will be posts and pictures everyday, or as close to every day as I can.

So this is our first tour like this, although we have traveled in other modes quite a bit. Molly has been to Europe and Mexico, and I have been able to travel most of the world, so we figured this one would be easy right, we are staying here in the US after all. I believe it was Twain who said, "Common sense is neither common nor sensical," and after stressing about packing too much, then too little, and then over how to properly box a touring bike I decided this trip may have a few unseen curve balls for us. Either way, after much deliberation, were packed and ready to head to the airport, keep your fingers crossed that the bikes are still in only 40 pieces!

Well stay tuned, the excitement is here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment