The Big Idea

Folly by definition is a foolish action or idea, the word absurdity and phrase "lack of sense" seem to continually arise. But what would life be like without these follies? Why not embrace these ideas and get a little nutty! This is my journal for those adventures, and along the way I hope to meet new people, take the path less traveled, have some fun, and spread the story of this sustainable journey we call life! Here you’ll find short anecdotes about my life, links to enlightenment, and opinions on how to have fun! I would love to hear about your folly, so feel free to e-mail me, I might just post them, and thanks for visiting!

Thursday, May 1, 2008

An answer to Ayn's questions!

Hey thanks for checking out the site! We were actually going to do the whole trip sans air travel too, but we ran out of time this summer, and only have a month to get away. The ride from Fort Collins up north would be a great addition to the Pac Coast! Keep me posted on how your tip is going and I'll post some of your folly up here along with some of your pictures! As for your questions, I love the Jandd frame pack! I am riding with a springed brooks and I cannot fit a wedge back there properly so the frame pack was the next option, and the thing is great. It’s big enough to fit all my important stuff, I think right now I have a spare tube, a patch kit, a mini pump, a multi tool, and cliff bar and there is room to spare! Not once has it gotten in the way, I don’t even notice it’s there, and it secures well. Jandd does a good job with all their products, but I would say this is one of my favorite and most useful accessories, plus there are a few companies that sell them on Ebay for 25 bucks so they are affordable, or there is a great clearance section on the Jandd website that you may come across them from time to time. There are actually some on there right now for 23 bucks at:

http://www.jandd.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FFP2NDS

As for the racks and bags issue, my bags came with inserts for the hooks for different diameter tubing on your racks and between those spacers and the little patches of electrical tape that also came with the bags everything seems to stay pretty still. If that is not working for you try playing with the lower attachment on the bags so when it is hooked on the rack it is snug and either pushes your bags all the way forward or backwards on the rack so there is little to no sliding or moving. Hopefully that helps, if not, ride on over and have a look at how I have everything set up, or we could meet for a beer at Road 34 and talk about the trips.

Thanks again for posting!!

1 comment:

  1. you'd be a lot cooler if you were biking to chicago... just a thought.

    ReplyDelete