The Big Idea

Folly by definition is a foolish action or idea, the word absurdity and phrase "lack of sense" seem to continually arise. But what would life be like without these follies? Why not embrace these ideas and get a little nutty! This is my journal for those adventures, and along the way I hope to meet new people, take the path less traveled, have some fun, and spread the story of this sustainable journey we call life! Here you’ll find short anecdotes about my life, links to enlightenment, and opinions on how to have fun! I would love to hear about your folly, so feel free to e-mail me, I might just post them, and thanks for visiting!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

5-5-12



This morning I "laced" up my 5 fingers for an nice but chilly 5 mile run and don't have to be into work until 12! The temps here were in the 50's early in the week but yesterday that all changed and I got stuck riding home from work in a sideways blizzard. Although I was deterred to run last night thanks to the weather, I motivated this morning and got out of bed and took off. The roads were icy, but the sun was shining and it was a perfect January morning for a little exercise.

I ran again in my 5 fingers and my legs are feeling great. For anyone who has been following this pointless series of rants, my legs have been getting stronger, but at first, man the barefoot running lifestyle was killing my lower legs, a spot I liked to call my calfilles. But today was the longest I have pushed them so far, just over 5 miles, not much more than my run last week up in Estes, but still a little further. And I have to say, my legs are feeling great, there was actually almost no tightness as I ran, a first, and now that I am home writing this my legs actually feel normal! I have only ran in these things a half dozen times of so, but I feel I am really falling into stride with them. I don't know if my old runners will get any more love.... This run may have been the turning point where I really concentrate on only running in the vibrams from here on out.

Also, sorry if you are a big time geek, and are expecting me to post times of my runs. I feel lame enough keeping such a line on how far I am running. I do like to know my own times, but normally forget to find my watch before I head out the door since I don't like wearing watches. It's a 50/50 if I grab it.... I am really just running to run, it's fun again, and although I have my goals to get ready for the races I have coming up, time is an afterthought. And I felt fast today, so that's really all that matters. To think of it I really only have one time that matters for any of this, 3:10:59, and other than that one run, it's really all just about finishing for me. Well enjoy your Thursday, the weekend is almost here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment