The Big Idea

Folly by definition is a foolish action or idea, the word absurdity and phrase "lack of sense" seem to continually arise. But what would life be like without these follies? Why not embrace these ideas and get a little nutty! This is my journal for those adventures, and along the way I hope to meet new people, take the path less traveled, have some fun, and spread the story of this sustainable journey we call life! Here you’ll find short anecdotes about my life, links to enlightenment, and opinions on how to have fun! I would love to hear about your folly, so feel free to e-mail me, I might just post them, and thanks for visiting!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 2! Off Road!!


Okay so day two saw temps in the high 40's here today so I figured I would brave the melting snow and hit the hills. My feet felt great after a nights rest, and the only thing that was tight was my right calf. And really it isn't my calf, more my Achilles tendon I think... I say I think because it's not down where I would expect my Achilles to be tight, but rather right below the bottom of my calf. Anyone who has been on a bike tour knows the spot I'm talking about, the spot you cannot stretch with your normal calf stretch but rather only when you keep your feet flat, bend your knees a little and push forward. Anyway I call it my calfilles.

I went out for just over 4 miles today, and up some good hills, I ran Maxwell, a local trail here in town close to my house. I ran the road there and back and only up to the valley on top of Maxwell to keep it a little shorter. My feet were wet within a block of leaving the house, and normally I hate wet socks and shoes but with the five fingers I barely noticed. There was no rubbing or soreness, and my calf stretched out a bit within the first mile or so.

Overall, day two was enjoyable, it was warm enough to wear shorts and the trails were only slightly muddy, oh by the way, the bikila's had decent traction on the damp trails, I would be weary about the KSO's, but I'd like to try them and see the difference. The added hard rubber on the bottom of the bikila's also seemed to keep sharp rocks from bugging me, another concern I'd have the the softer and thinner KSO's. Anyway, not much else to report, I think I will take the day off tomorrow and let my calfilles rest, and I'll post something from my long run (in regular runners) I'm going to do on saturday! Have a great afternoon, go get out there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment