The Big Idea

Folly by definition is a foolish action or idea, the word absurdity and phrase "lack of sense" seem to continually arise. But what would life be like without these follies? Why not embrace these ideas and get a little nutty! This is my journal for those adventures, and along the way I hope to meet new people, take the path less traveled, have some fun, and spread the story of this sustainable journey we call life! Here you’ll find short anecdotes about my life, links to enlightenment, and opinions on how to have fun! I would love to hear about your folly, so feel free to e-mail me, I might just post them, and thanks for visiting!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Nice Saturday Run



So I laced up my regular runners today and went to stretch the legs a bit. After a few days of running short distances in my 5 fingers I wanted to see how my feet felt in my normal shoes. Me and two buds decided to head to the Michaud trail and get dirty in the mixed melting snow and mud. We started out with about 7 miles of trail, that climbed and descended through some fun terrain. Everyone was feeling great, the feet were solid, and my sore right calfilles got a needed respite from the five fingers. I did notice the balls of my feet were a little sore, but after 7 or so miles in the five fingers this week I got to say I was feeling pretty good! I think I'll keep jumping back and forth between my runners and the five fingers for a few weeks at least, continually pushing the distance in the vibrams, and slowly cutting back on my old shoes. I had a tough time with the last 4 miles that were on the road, me feet did get tired, but I think as I get stronger that will go away! It was a nice easy 11 miles, not too long but still a decent push with sore feet and legs, really a perfect way to spend a few hours on a Saturday afternoon....

Nothing else that exciting happened on the run, I forgot my camera so no pictures today, it was a gray dreary day here in the fort anyway....

Click on the title to this post, it should link to a map of our route! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you're enjoying VFFs. Has your running changed at all? Do you feel any stronger or different because of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did feel a little stronger my last run in my regular shoes. I noticed I ran a lot more on the balls of my feet, well for the first 10 miles, then I got tired and started running flat again. I think they helped my technique a bit. We'll see in a month or so how I feel, but so far I think they rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul! I saw you post something about this on facebook a while back and finally have gotten around to reading it! It's awesome! Congrats! I can hear your voice completely-so very you! -- Kelly V.

    ReplyDelete