The Big Idea

Folly by definition is a foolish action or idea, the word absurdity and phrase "lack of sense" seem to continually arise. But what would life be like without these follies? Why not embrace these ideas and get a little nutty! This is my journal for those adventures, and along the way I hope to meet new people, take the path less traveled, have some fun, and spread the story of this sustainable journey we call life! Here you’ll find short anecdotes about my life, links to enlightenment, and opinions on how to have fun! I would love to hear about your folly, so feel free to e-mail me, I might just post them, and thanks for visiting!

Sunday, December 18, 2011

What a week!


After an amazing week that started with submitting a final draft of my Master's thesis and continued with new progress on Pure Pursuit, an amazing job interview, seeing old friends and spending a lot of time with someone infinitely important to me, Sunday hit the Front Range with sun and soaring temps!! Although it is December, here in Colorado the weather always seems to please and surprise, 65 ain't too shabby when it's supposed to be cold and snowy! We took advantage of the mild temps and quickly headed off to the mountains with the furry pup in tow for a day of hiking.




After a few battles with icy trails, chilly ankles, and sore necks from constantly looking down, we made it to the summit! It was a little windy on top, but the views were amazing! What a day!







The annual appearance of generations of hideous holiday apparel of course came out this weekend as well. All over town people were committed to celebrating the holiday cheer wearing some dusty and possibly stained relic from the past. This festivity is always a favorite for me and my passion for wearing ugly clothes! My good friends the Hawks hosted this years gathering and we had one hell of a time! Everyone came dressed to impress and smiles and laughter abounded.






Brad was the only one not to dress up.....

Thanks for following Ronto's Folly and I hope everyone out there has a happy and safe Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment