The Big Idea

Folly by definition is a foolish action or idea, the word absurdity and phrase "lack of sense" seem to continually arise. But what would life be like without these follies? Why not embrace these ideas and get a little nutty! This is my journal for those adventures, and along the way I hope to meet new people, take the path less traveled, have some fun, and spread the story of this sustainable journey we call life! Here you’ll find short anecdotes about my life, links to enlightenment, and opinions on how to have fun! I would love to hear about your folly, so feel free to e-mail me, I might just post them, and thanks for visiting!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ski Week!!!


Ahhh, Family ski week is finally here! Every year my surrogate family, the Blomsness's, has their annual trip out west to Beaver Creek, Colorado, and it's a week I look forward to all year long. It's always a time to kick back and relax, eat way too much amazing food, enjoy the hot tubs multiple times a day, and even occasionally get a few runs in on the slopes. This week is never about pushing ourselves, alarm clocks are forgotten about, morning coffees are bought at Starbucks around noon, and fresh warm cookies at 3 o'clock are something we make sure we are off the hill for. Although we spend this time at one of Colorado's best resorts, its really not about the skiing, but about family!



I forgot to mention we all think we are Olympian ice dancers... Ya those are skills, see that, one legged!


Yep we can all do it, that's our group's move!



Even here Rob is on one leg, still doing the move! Strong work Rob!!



I did mention eating I believe right? When we're not on the ice... or slopes, we're dining, and boy does the food in Colorado's high country keep you coming back! From Jager Schnitzel at Pepe's in Vail to lobster, scallop, and crab pasta at Toscanini's in Beaver Creek, we hit all the highlights and never once are we disappointed. We spend a lot of time enjoying each others company and the laughs go late into the nights.


This year was special too, with Rob and his wife Mel, as well as Rob's sister and her husband finally once again making the trip to ski country. For the last six years since Rob dedicated his life to the US NAVY he has had to miss this amazing week. I continued right on through however, filling in where his spot was left. A few of our friends were there as well, Travis and Maggie of course who are regulars at Ski Week were there, and my good buddy Vince even made the trip this year from Chicago. It was better than ever this year with everyone finally back in one place together! I want to say thank you to Jeff and Pattie for always having open arms and hearts and allowing me to be part of their family, as well, a thanks goes out to Rob's uncle Bill who finally brought his partner with for us to meet and get to know. Lastly, the rest of you that were that, thanks for the great week and fun memories, I am already looking forward to next year!!


Enjoy dessert too.... Anyone who know's Mr B. knows his world famous sundaes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment