The Big Idea

Folly by definition is a foolish action or idea, the word absurdity and phrase "lack of sense" seem to continually arise. But what would life be like without these follies? Why not embrace these ideas and get a little nutty! This is my journal for those adventures, and along the way I hope to meet new people, take the path less traveled, have some fun, and spread the story of this sustainable journey we call life! Here you’ll find short anecdotes about my life, links to enlightenment, and opinions on how to have fun! I would love to hear about your folly, so feel free to e-mail me, I might just post them, and thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Break '11!!

Well working for the university I got a spring break this year!! And I took full advantage of it. I got to ski for 3 days in late season powder, mountain biked Fruita and Moab, climb in the desert, and even ran the Canyonlands Half Marathon! It was a great week and here are some pictures!

Also for anyone that was keeping track of this blog on the Vibram Five Finger threads, I have decided to return them to REI and try out the New Balance MT10's and MT101's. The five finger were a great shoe but they were rough on the bottom of my feet on the sharp rocks out on the trails, and seeing how I mostly trail run I think it is time to try something else out. Honestly if it were not for the extreme rockiness of the trails around here I would keep them and run all the time in them, but even the occasional piece of gravel on the road in the wrong spot on my feet killed me. But I am sticking with the minimalist line of running shoes and am sold through and through on the idea, I just need a little more forefoot padding for the off road nature of the majority of the runs I do. I will review these shoes as well and let you know what I think! Have a great day, and hopefully you can get out and play

















No comments:

Post a Comment