The Big Idea

Folly by definition is a foolish action or idea, the word absurdity and phrase "lack of sense" seem to continually arise. But what would life be like without these follies? Why not embrace these ideas and get a little nutty! This is my journal for those adventures, and along the way I hope to meet new people, take the path less traveled, have some fun, and spread the story of this sustainable journey we call life! Here you’ll find short anecdotes about my life, links to enlightenment, and opinions on how to have fun! I would love to hear about your folly, so feel free to e-mail me, I might just post them, and thanks for visiting!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Better...

So compared with the post whiskey no breakfast disastrous 16 mile run I did a few weeks ago that really shot my ego for the marathon, today's 17 and a half mile run was a breeze. I took the night off, ate a big carb loaded healthy dinner, got a good night sleep and had a big bowl of oatmeal with bananas, peanuts, and cranberries this morning. It was black and white, and I felt great! I ran from the house and did the Horsetooth Half Marathon course which I'll be running in April. The course climbs and descends the big hills that create Horsetooth Reservoir. I cruised, jumping from road to trail and back a few times to keep it interesting. It felt good to know what is in store for the race by checking out most of the course. I didn't get nearly as low on fuel as I was a few weeks back when I found myself delirious by the last 2 miles. Overall, it was a great morning, and it didn't ruin the rest of my day this time. I actually timed myself too and was happy with my splits of 8.5 or so. Well I hope everyone else is having a great weekend, see ya out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment