The Big Idea

Folly by definition is a foolish action or idea, the word absurdity and phrase "lack of sense" seem to continually arise. But what would life be like without these follies? Why not embrace these ideas and get a little nutty! This is my journal for those adventures, and along the way I hope to meet new people, take the path less traveled, have some fun, and spread the story of this sustainable journey we call life! Here you’ll find short anecdotes about my life, links to enlightenment, and opinions on how to have fun! I would love to hear about your folly, so feel free to e-mail me, I might just post them, and thanks for visiting!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

So much fun!


Run number 2 in the new shoes and I love them!! I ran a 10.5 loop from the house with the majority on some really rocky trail, and they felt great. It's actually the longest run I have done in minimalist type shoes, having done an 8.5 in my VFF's that killed my feet and legs. The shoes performed great, I even stepped on a few sharp rocks, and of course I could feel them under my feet since these shoes are so thin, but none of them hurt me like they would have in the Five Fingers. My legs are of course sore in the calf area but I think I am getting to the point where I can start wearing this type of shoe on my longer runs, on every run. The traction on the steep rocky trails was amazing, much better than the VFF's, and I didn't stub a single toe, a constant problem I was having with the Vibram's. I have to say, New Balance did it right with these, kudos to the company for actually listening to an athlete and designing a shoe around someone's ideas and thoughts of how a shoe should perform instead of just making a shoe to put on the shelves. Well I am happy, and I am excited about running again tomorrow!! Thanks Anton and NB for a great product!


No comments:

Post a Comment