The Big Idea

Folly by definition is a foolish action or idea, the word absurdity and phrase "lack of sense" seem to continually arise. But what would life be like without these follies? Why not embrace these ideas and get a little nutty! This is my journal for those adventures, and along the way I hope to meet new people, take the path less traveled, have some fun, and spread the story of this sustainable journey we call life! Here you’ll find short anecdotes about my life, links to enlightenment, and opinions on how to have fun! I would love to hear about your folly, so feel free to e-mail me, I might just post them, and thanks for visiting!

Friday, January 27, 2012

2012 is setting up nicely!


As I promised for some reason I am going to post about my 2012 race schedule... Ya ya snooze away at will, but this year should be a fun one! More importantly though are the people joining me on this years journey through the pain and long sweaty jaunts in the forest and over countless miles of pavement.


Most notable is the return of SA, once she heals that is of course, but she's back!! We'll be getting in lots of tiring miles together, a few races, beers, and lots of laughs! She's planning on coming to Moab this year for the Canyonlands half and is running the Colorado Marathon, her first 26.2!! She's got some other races planned too and I'm excited about them and her!



My brother-in-laws are stepping it up this year too, actually talking me into an adventure race they signed up for, I'm on team 'Awesome Dad's!' They are coming to Fort Collins on the day of the Colorado Marathon to run their first halfs as well!


My sisters are even going to do a few races with me this year! I'm looking forward to spending another treacherous weekend with Trav and Maggie in Moab and they are giving the Colorado Marathon a go with SA and I. There are plenty of friends coming for different events, and hopefully some of you reading this will propose something fun to do too!!

Well there promises to be great times, fun times, miserable times, avoided times, and cold mornings staring at hundreds and thousands of lost jokers just like myself, but in the end we'll all have a good time, see a few great views and endure through some painful but radical moments. It's just great to see all the support and to see everyone being healthy, getting out there and setting goals here in 2012!

As for me here's a quick rundown of what I have planned:

Canyonlands Half: March 17th



Horsetooth Half: April 22nd



Colorado Marathon: May 6th



Tough Mudder: June 26th



Leadville Silver Rush: July 15th



Tough, but they should all be fun races and I'll get to see a lot of friends which is really why I'm doing this! So I'll be out there, rain or shine getting ready, if you want to come and run, or hang out let me know! Lets plan something for the fall too, maybe Blue Sky Marathon? 24 hrs of Boulder?? Bear Chase??? Even just some fun weekend runs, Chiefs Head is on the list, Longs, Desolation, lots of fun out there to be had once the temps warm back up in the high country.


Keep me posted if you have ideas! Alright, it's done snowing for the day, sun's back out, time to get away from this computer, see yall out there!!

Oh ps, Beer Mile in FOCO??? I think I am going to start this, let me know what wants in, check out this link from a friends blog that does one in Boulder: Winter Harvard Gulch Beer Mile!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha...you shouldn't like to that crap! I think you should think about running a 100...I mean, why not, right?

    ReplyDelete