The Big Idea

Folly by definition is a foolish action or idea, the word absurdity and phrase "lack of sense" seem to continually arise. But what would life be like without these follies? Why not embrace these ideas and get a little nutty! This is my journal for those adventures, and along the way I hope to meet new people, take the path less traveled, have some fun, and spread the story of this sustainable journey we call life! Here you’ll find short anecdotes about my life, links to enlightenment, and opinions on how to have fun! I would love to hear about your folly, so feel free to e-mail me, I might just post them, and thanks for visiting!

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring seems to be sticking around!

So as spring has arrived in Colorado I've finally gotten the chance to get my newly built Surly Long Haul Trucker out on the road and rolling!! For the gear heads out there, I bought a stock built Surly Long Haul Trucker from JensonUSA.com for around 900 and upgraded to a nice brooks flyer, Planet Bike fenders, Jannd frame pack, waterproof lights, cyclometer, and a few other small things. I am still working on the bike and once I have a tad more money, still keeping my fingers crossed about sponsorship, I can finish getting the gear I need for my trip!! I will be posting a few pictures soon as well as an actual list of all the gear I bought for the trip and budget. Once I pack up to leave I will have a nice detailed list for what I am actually bringing for 5 weeks on a bike, for any of you that are interested.

Come back soon and see some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment