The Big Idea

Folly by definition is a foolish action or idea, the word absurdity and phrase "lack of sense" seem to continually arise. But what would life be like without these follies? Why not embrace these ideas and get a little nutty! This is my journal for those adventures, and along the way I hope to meet new people, take the path less traveled, have some fun, and spread the story of this sustainable journey we call life! Here you’ll find short anecdotes about my life, links to enlightenment, and opinions on how to have fun! I would love to hear about your folly, so feel free to e-mail me, I might just post them, and thanks for visiting!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Trail running in Feb!!



Got in a good run today, thought about doing a longer one, but instead went up into the hills and climbed through the woods!!! There was a trace a snow on the ground up in Horsetooth Mountain park but it wasn't much, and the run was great! Sorry we forgot cameras today, but it was Josh and I, and our two dogs!! We had a great time running the trails we normally rip on bikes, and it was nice to get a different perspective up there.

Anyway, that's really it, the body feels great, I am still taking time off from the vibrams, but I think this weekend I will go back to them. The reason being, after a hard month of pushing the new shoes and my body to adjust, I was starting to see some pain in my feet. So I am just taking it slow with them, I think the 7.5 mile trail run the other day in them was a bit of a stretch this early on. But I am excited to get them back on my feet and out the door!! So for those of you reading this that are trying the 5 fingers, I know they feel great off the bat and you think you can push it hard, be careful, my feet took about a month of abuse before they barked back. I am not giving up on them, I just went a little too hard a little early I think. I still have high hopes for them and still plan on running the Colorado Marathon in them. Anyway, have a great weekend!!!


This obviously is not from today, since I didn't have my camera, but we enjoyed the same view!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment